Sydney Blu has established herself as one of the top electronic producers and DJs in the world. With an unbridled passion for live performance, music production, and all-around artistic creativity, Sydney has risen herself to the pinnacle of the electronic music industry.
A proudly Canadian artist, Sydney’s success is largely attributed to her relentless touring schedule which she’s upheld for several years. In 2009, Sydney Blu founded her own imprint, Blu Music, on the principle of authentic, dancefloor-rich house and techno.
On top of that, Sydney has released music on some of the most recognized labels in the industry including Mau5trap, Toolroom, Kinetika, Material Series, KMS Records, VIVa Music, and more. Her release “Give It Up For Me” on Mau5trap Recordings was one of Beatport’s highest selling songs. This earns Sydney the rank of the first female electronic music producer to have a top 10 hit on the platform.
This year marked another milestone for the top-selling electronic artist. She has currently hit Top 20 on the Beatport Tech House chart with her new single “Mind Games” on Hot Since 82’s Knee Deep in Sound. The song also was the top-selling track on the labels Amsterdam Dance Event sampler making Sydney shine once again. This year, she released a run of solid releases on Roger Sanchez’s Undr the Rdr, Gene Farris’s Farris Wheel Recordings, and was remixed by Italian techno heavyweight Pirupa. Looking forward, expect releases from Sydney Blu under Joeski’s Maya Recordings and many more.
Highlights of this episode
- Where it all started for Sydney and her love of music
- Releasing music on the industry’s hottest labels
- Her music label and Sydney’s annual event, The Blu Party
In this episode you will learn:
- How walking in a nightclub changed Sydney’s life
- Sydney’s life remix that changed her course creatively and professionally
- Sydney’s tenacity and drive to breakthrough into a male-dominated scene
- How Sydney began the infamous Miami Blu Party
- Sydney’s love for discovering new talent and rising stars for her label Blu Music
Connect with Sydney
Connect with Alyson